Thursday, January 24, 2013

IHSW Update

Hi everyone!

I was lucky that IHSW fell on a weekend where I already had stitch group planned since that meant I would actually get some stitching done. However, the funny thing is that I used stitch group to do some finishing which I can't show...yet. The ladies kept me in check and on task with my finishing despite the amount of whining and bemoaning that was coming from my side of the table. I have to admit that finishing is not my favorite thing to do but my pieces came out lovely...if I don't say so myself...and I learned a new trick or two. That's always a good thing. Never too old to learn new stuff!

Before Saturday, I managed to put in some stitches into Jane. I count the whole week as IHSW because sometimes I don't actually get to stitch on the weekend. Here is how Jane is looking so far. I have to admit that I love all the little motifs. When I finish one, it feels like a little happy dance!


I am trying to figure out what to start as my traveling small. I got all my supplies together to stitch a LHN ornie and then I realized that the piece of Tin Roof Gingham I bought is more greenish than grey. Darn dyelots! I'm not having the best of luck finding a grey-ish hued Tin Roof Gingham. If you all have any leads, please let me know! I was so set on having it look like the model that I don't want to sub for a boring neutral. So I'm in limbo until I have the time to search out the supplies for an alternate start. And when I have a few minutes here and there, I've been winding my DMC threads. So boring and tedious but it will be so worth it to have them all organized and pretty in one place. Right now, my stash is a jumbled up mess. Makes finding supplies for new starts a total drag. How did everything get so messy!?

I am finally better from my cold/flu after two weeks. It was terrible! I missed 4.25 days from work which is usually unheard of for me. Tuesday was the first day where I didn't need any meds. Yay! I do have to admit to being tired though. I have to work on my stamina and work hard at getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night. My body is apparently insisting that I need it!

Hope everyone is having a lovely week!

Until next time...

28 comments:

cucki said...

Wow wow super cute stitching
Big hugs xxx

carol fun said...

I love the sampler. That border is gorgeous. I enjoy pieces with little motifs too. You get lots of little finishes and that motivates me.

That flu bug has been brutual. It will take time to recover. Rest up and stitch on!

Giovanna said...

Very nice WIP - love that border.

Deb said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better Valerie. I've heard that those who have gotten the flu have really been hit hard from it.

Jane is looking wonderful. That border would probably be the death of me, but it's so beautiful.

Don't have any leads on the fabric. Do you think that giving it a tea bath would help?

Cole said...

Jane is a super pretty peice! Glad you're feeling better :) The colds going around are nasty!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Oh I just love "Jane". I've seen her finished and I know you are going to be so happy with yours!!!
Glad to have you back amoung the "living"!
Linda

Carol said...

Good the read you're finally feeling better, Valerie! That is one nasty flu that is making the rounds... My sister got it and missed an entire week--she said she's never felt that sick! I'm still hoping it bypasses this household :)

Nice progress on your sampler--that border is so pretty and now you're on to the "fun" stuff...Wish I could help you with the Tin Roof Gingham--I know just what you mean about those frustrating differences in dyelots!

Hope you have a fun weekend planned--just don't overdo it, my young friend... Don't want you relapsing :)

Melissa said...

So glad that you are feeling better. Your progress picture is great!!

Barb said...

So glad to hear you are doing better. Be sure to get that sleep you need! Love that sampler! I have the chart and seeing yours inspires me to get moving!

Margaret said...

Your Jane is looking so great! I'm so glad you're feeling better. You should listen to your body though, and take it easy. That was a whopper on you for sure.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Jane is looking great!

Sharon said...

Valerie, your Jane looks wonderful! I have a very minute start on mine-but I am inspired by yours! May have to get back to mine soon. I too am using the cottons. I don't know how you only completed the border first!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Choosing fabric is the bane of my life, it takes me ages to make my choice and then I hither and dither if it's the right one. Getting your threads in a mess is so easy to do - I do it all the time and then force myself to sort them properly once in a while.

Lois said...

Glad you're feeling better. Jane is looking so nice. I agree about stitching motifs, it always feels like progress each one you finish. Hope you find a better dye lot of the tin roof.

Siobhán said...

Jane is such a beautiful sampler! Nice progress. Good luck finding a better dye lot! Maybe email a LNS and tell them what you're searching for? Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

Beautiful progress on the sampler. It's good to read you are feeling much better.

Carla said...

Beautiful sampler!
Glad you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

Valerie,

Your doing a great job on Jane. I am loving each motif. That border must have been boring.

I hope you have success with your fabric your looking for.

Glad to hear your feeling much better. Mine is finally gone. I couldn't sleep flat or a week and a half without going into a coughing fit. Last night was the best sleep no coughing!

Have a great weekend.

Christina said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend Valerie! :0) I hear you on the eight hours a night. We are trying to be in bed by 11pm but it never works out that way!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Good start on the motifs! Can't wait to see your finished pieces!

Edgar said...

Jane's border is really great!!!

Catherine said...

Glad you are feeling better! Love your stitches!!

Myra said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. There is a nasty yuck going around here too - so far I have been able to dodge it. Jane is looking great. Have a great weekend!

Ranae said...

Great looking sampler so far
Take care!!

Melanie said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better!!!! Stupid flu. Grrrrr. :(

Jane is look AWESOME!!!! :)

Kate said...

So glad you're on the mend! Your stitching is so pretty :)

Anne said...

Seems like the flu has been traveling everywhere!! I adore this Jane!! Loving the motifs which I can see would be fun to stitch! Sorry no leads on tin roof gingham :( Wish I lived near a needlework store!!

Hugs

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D