Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!


Dear Friends,

I'm amazed that five months have passed since my last post. Life has indeed been very busy. Perhaps I can catch you up in my next post. Today, I just wanted to come by to wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving. Despite my hectic pace of the last couple of years and not being able to stitch as much and come share with my friends in blogland, I am ever grateful that I've made wonderful friends and met awesome people, whether in real life or virtually, to share my life happenings and stitching progress with. The blogging and stitching community is so supportive, open and giving and even though I feel like I've disappeared; you are always here to lend an ear and encourage. And for that, I am grateful and I thank you.

Next week, I leave to visit my parents and family in a country I haven't been to in almost ten years. It will be interesting, fun, difficult, happy and sad all at the same time. Since I am staying with the octogenarian set of the family, I anticipate getting lots of stitching and reading done provided the 90 degree weather forecast and lack of air conditioning actually keeps me awake. That's total naptime conditions for me. I'm hoping to catch everyone up when I return and show some photos of my stitching over the past few months.

And for those wondering...me and the boyfriend are still going strong. =) I have to bake goodies tonight for his family dinner tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Much love and hugs,
Valerie

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Thanksgiving Valerie! I was just thinking of you and here you are posting ;-) Those conditions sound like a snoozapalooza, but I hope you enjoy yourself and get some stitching done. I am glad to hear you and the boyfriend are hanging in-sweet! Safe travels to you!

Daffycat said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Valerie! It's so good to see you here!

Have fun visiting your family!

Giovanna said...

Have a good trip, and have a great Thanksgiving. It's good to see you post again.

Julie said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Have a wonderful trip.

Margaret said...

Valerie, it's so good to see a post from you! I'm so happy to hear your news. I hope your trip to see your parents is wonderful. It sounds like it should be a very special one. Happy happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad a happy, busy life is what is keeping you away from blogging. You know we are always here when you get a moment ....have a very Happy Thanksgiving and a great trip to see family.

Hazel said...

Lovely to hear from you Valerie. Nice to know life is treating you well. Keep in touch. xx

Meari said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Have a safe trip.

Carol said...

Hope you have a safe and relaxing trip to visit your parents, Valerie... I'm sorry I've been so out of touch over the past month. Just can't quite seem to get my footing since dad's death. Will try to email you soon :)

Melanie said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving.
Enjoy your trip!!!! :)

pj said...

Hello
How are you? Miss you.

Hope you had a great trip!

Blog soon!

Pam in Iowa