Friday, April 13, 2007

Surprise Me!

I changed my tagline to say *surprise me!* on my match profile about a month ago. I've gotten a few emails from guys titled *Surprise!* soon after. Ummm...yea...that wasn't what I was going for. But strangely enough...I have been surprised in the most unexpected way. By talking to and meeting someone who actually does what they say they will do. Us girls know that's very rare indeed! We are confronted with a lot of hot air but no lift off. This coming Wednesday will make the one month mark of the day we met. He probably doesn't realize that but me reaching the one month mark in any dating scenario tends to be a big deal since I rarely ever get through the second date nowadays. Of course, in one month, we've only been on 5 dates because of his travel schedule. I kind of like that though. I have my space, we aren't in the throes of spending every available minute together...I like that. Personal space and time are huge things for me.

I'm, of course, unsure and hesitant about this match. But would I be Valerie if I wasn't?! Yea...exactly. Dating brings about the neuroses that I do a pretty good job of hiding but *T* is a really good guy. He's funny, sweet, manages to say all the right things, is a city kid like me and we have the same parental dynamic and are anti-kid. It's good...it works. I kind of like that he calls me all sorts of pet names already like adorable, gorgeous, baby and beautiful. Of course, I'm not ready to create pet names to say back at him. He calls me smart-ass and a brat too. I like those names as well. I'll accept what I'm good at and I excel at those. It seems too soon for pet names though. I like it but at the same time...it weirds me out a little. Not enough to trigger my run reflex though.

He's a pretty good looking guy. A traditional irish guy. Seems like I attract a lot of them. He's tall which is huge for me. Tall girls need tall guys. He's got the most amazing green/blue eyes and a voice that makes me smile each time I hear it. He's got a few extra pounds on him that he manages to hide well with his commanding appearance. At 6'1", that's pretty easy to do! His only negative is the inherited receding hairline he's experiencing at a mere 37 years of age. So far, things have been fun.

But it's nice to have been surprised for once instead of disappointed. I plan on riding things out and seeing where things go with *T*. He's on another business trip now so I won't be seeing him for another week. But then, I'm off to a business trip of my own too. We're both busy, busy city kids!

More stories to follow on *T*.

No comments: