I decided to stitch this with 2 threads over 2 which means I am running out of a couple of the colors. It just seemed like 1 strand over 2 was too skimpy on 30 count linen. I really have to remember this when I buy these Shepherds Bush kits!
I pulled out Merry Be because Jingle All the Way was throwing me off. I got the reindeer stitched but when I went to the sleigh, I was stitching with orange and lime. See picture to see what I'm talking about.
Um...orange and lime sleigh. I don't get it. When I look at the cover, I know that the designer tea dyed it after stitching but I'm not sure how I feel about tea dying lakeside linen. So I am left with doing substitutions which I hate doing especially when I'm all frazzly. I did see a photo of it finished with what looks like the recommended threads and I liked it. Maybe I just need to get over it? What do you all think? I'm going to sit tight and ponder it a little more.
Here is the cover photo as a comparison:
It was also TUSAL report time. My little jar is filling up little by little. The threads from this month were from the two projects above.
Just a quick post today. I'm still peeved about the things I discussed in my last post but I'll get over it. The weather is beautiful and it's FRIDAY! I'm trying to keep things quiet this weekend and just stitch, relax, do laundry and see the Oscars (and not get annoyed with any stupid men). I'm hoping that I make it to the gym. I've fallen off the wagon and am sooooo unmotivated and I find every excuse not to go.
Hmmm, maybe if it's quiet enough, I can actually write another of the many posts that are only residing in my head at the moment.
Hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Until next time...