Thursday, February 18, 2016

February ♥

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all so much for the kind comments on my previous post. I'm dipping my toes back into the blogging and stitching world. I'm back with my February post! Since I stumbled across my abandoned Anniversaries of the Heart in mid-January, I've been obsessed with stitching on it. I finished the Pink Hill Manor block. I haven't decided if I want to personalize this project or how. This block does not have much blank space but maybe it's a little odd that that basket of flowers is suspended in mid-air? Although, lots of samplers have odd little bits so maybe I shouldn't worry so much about it?


I also completed A Wish For You. This is the block that made me abandon the project in the first place. I wanted to put the full quote into the block and it's stitched over 1! I had to chart and re-chart and here it is! It's a little squished but I'm happy all the words are there. I added a couple of diamonds in the upper left corner instead of the date. I have now started Block 6 which is the Farm House. 

I'm stitching this project in hand so please excuse the wrinkles. I am trying to figure out how to fold over/clip the fabric so I can continue in hand. For the moment, I have it folded over with safety pins because all the clips I had felt too heavy or got in the way. What does everyone else do when stitching in hand on a large project??

And this next project is one I finished in 2015. It's Blissfully Unaware by Hands on Design stitched with the recommended fibers on the recommended linen by Hand-Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. It was a fun stitch but wow, it was more stitching than I thought and larger than I thought it would be. Note to self: read the measurements on the pattern. That said, it will be a great addition to my Halloween decorating once I manage to get it finished. 


Speaking of finishing, I sent a few pieces to Joy of Finely Finished. I may have found my stitching mojo but I never had much finishing mojo and thought I deserved a little treat for myself. I sent her a Lizzie Kate ornie and she did a great job (ignore the crooked charm, I'm no photographer either :)) I love the little jingle bells at the bottom and the Christmas-y backing fabric.

 Front

 Back

I also sent her A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. This piece kept me company during my Dad's nine days of mourning. Joy did a great job finishing it up just like the model, down to the cute jute bow. I plan to rest it alongside my dad's photo. 


There is one more item I sent to Joy but you'll have to come back and see it in the next post. I'm off for a long weekend to Cancun so I will catch up on everyone's posts after I get back.

Until next time...
Valerie :)

17 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching, and it is nice to see a post from you.

Barb said...

Lots of lovely stitching. I love the Halloween piece and your Anniversaries of the Heart is really pretty and coming along well. Like you, I love to stitch but not much for finishing. I'm considering sending some away to be finished. Yours are very well done.

Margaret said...

Your Anniversaries of the Heart looks wonderful! I keep seeing people working on it again -- have to resist. lol! Love all your stitching. And Joy does great finishing! That's good to know. Hope you have a great time in Cancun! Safe travels!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What a great post. Your AOTH is looking so pretty. Great job on the over one! Cute Halloween stitch - the purple fabric is fantastic! The ornies look great and the bunny one will be sweet by your dads pic. Have fun in Cancun!

Robin in Virginia said...

What sweet pieces you stitched and Joy put in finished form! Good for you on working on your AOTH piece. Enjoy your trip!

Jackie's Stitches said...

AotH is looking wonderful! I like how you changed up the March(?) block. I don't have any personalizations for that month so your change has me thinking!

Love your finished projects - they are finished beautifully too!

Enjoy your weekend!

cucki said...

Aww I love your stitching and all your finished pieces so much ..
So beautiful
Enjoy your trip x

Cole said...

Great stitching! That Halloween design is fabulous!!

Sally said...

Lovely to see a post from you. Beautiful stitching and those finishes are fantastic.

Christina said...

Urghh, stitching over one is hard going. Well done for getting through it though!
I love the colour fabric that you have used for 'Blissfully Unaware'. I too am guilty of not considering dimensions when starting a piece! Enjoy Cancun, you lucky lady!

Julie said...

Lovely stitching and such pretty finishing, the little L*K bunny is adorable.

Carol said...

It's so nice to see you stitching and blogging again, Valerie! Such wonderful pieces and I truly adore the little gray hare! Need to pick that one up myself :) I love the colors in it so much and I think it will be perfect next to your dad's photo. I have a photo of my dad and me as a baby in my kitchen next to a mini-bottle of Canadian Club whiskey--ha ha!!

Hope you had a delightful trip to Cancun--my son just got home safely from Nicaragua. I thought of you while he was down there :)

Angela said...

Love your Halloween finish :)

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching and finishing - Joy did such a gorgeous job on A Little Grey Hare, so sweet. Enjoy Cancun - we are off to Byron Bay this morning, which should be lovely and warm as Autumn is starting to set in here in Melbourne and the mornings are very cool now.

Anne said...

very lovely stitching! glad you are back stitching! :)

Clare said...

I have the first two patterns of `Anniversaries of the Heart`. I would love to start but as don`t have the rest of pattern and was wondering where to get it. Love what you have done so far. Lovely stitching. :) Happy Stitching.

Meari said...

Jingle, Jingle is so cute! Nice stitching, Valerie.