Sunday, September 05, 2010

Lots to Share...But Must Stitch!

The title says it all! Let's see...where do I start?

First of all, thanks for all the kind comments on Grandpa Glenn's passing. My sister appreciated them and even showed my BIL. My sister peeks in to make sure I stay out of trouble but she's forgotten her logon and can't comment. That's ok. I'm happy she's reading my blog.

It took me a couple of days to get used to the sight of my new huge recliner. Then I finally sat in it and let me tell you, it kind of takes a lot of motivation to get out of it now! I love it! I'm a little worried since I picked a cream on cream pattern but it was the color/pattern that worked the best for my room.
I still need to situate my stitching lamp a little better and test out the floor stand. I didn't realize that the recliner has a wide metal frame at the base so I am a little worried the stand won't fit very well but I'll figure out something to make it work! So far, it's been a very comfy stitching nest.

The recliner replaced this chair and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I stuck it in the bedroom for now while I decide if I want to keep it or sell it. It was never the comfiest chair but it was cute and stylish for my living room. Now, it can be a catch all for the clothes I don't feel like hanging right away. Uh, yea...clothes never get hung right away!I've gone and squeezed it in a corner of the bedroom. You can see I have a little pillow on the chair. Deb did the finishing for my QFRR from a couple of years ago. Simple but elegant. I love it!
The other day, I was surfing on etsy for pincushions. I have no idea why. I should have stayed away because when I saw this, my finger did beaucoup clicking and next think I knew, pretty pumpkin was winging it's way to me!
Here is it next to my blue one that everyone else in stitching land seems to have or covet. I love the felt one so much, I want to try my hand at making my own. You know...when I have time which may be never but a girl can dream once in a while. I love the orange and white pumpkin! I would have preferred that the black ribbon not be all frayed as it is but that's easily replaced.

The stitching has been slow in areas where it needs to be fast. How come that's always the case too?! I managed to finish Monster...because you know...let me work on anything other than what I should be doing! lol
And the obligation stitching. This is all I managed yesterday. Not nearly enough and I have yet to pick up the needle today. I had hoped to finish two this weekend. Apparently, I will be lucky if I finish one! What was I thinking?!

The weekend so far has been a mellow one. I went to my favorite restaurant ever which I've already touted on the blog so many times. Nopa was wonderful! We missed our normal server though...and our normal table. We were heartsick for both but we still managed to stuff our faces and leave smiling. Now, they serve brunch! Be still my heart...must go back soon!

I also dragged myself out of the recliner and my pj's yesterday to try and meet new people. It wasn't so successful. There were about 100 people crammed into a little wine bar that maybe fits 60. I get way too claustrophobic and shy for crowds of that magnitude. I met up with Mr. Octopus instead to see if he understood what I mean by "friends". I don't think he does. I had fun out all the same. The interesting comment of the evening was when a very buzzed girl came up to me and told me I look like Tina Fey and then invited us to some picnic tomorrow. Uh...yea. Tina Fey...I don't see that but considering I like Tina Fey, I'll take that as a compliment.

Has anyone else been watching the "Labor of Love" marathon on the USA network? Holy cow, they don't want me to leave the house! I've watched more chick flicks in the last 36 hours than I have all year! I also watched "The Back-Up Plan" via netflix. It was pretty funny aside from the scary/bizarre/traumatizing childbirth scene.

Ok, time for more chick flicks and stitching. Maybe, just maybe I can finish up one of these angels!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

Until next time...

20 comments:

Natasha said...

I love the chair it look sreally comfy :)

Okay I think we need to go to this favorite resturant of yours and try it out. I have friends coming out from Denver this weekend and I think we are meeting in the city. I think we will have to go there for lunch.

I am free on the 18th if you want to come down to my area for a stitch athon.

That pillow is cute a great finsihing job :)

Take care and talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

That little pumpkin would have called my name too.

I absolutely LOVE your new chair. I would park my behind and never leave it.

Missy Ann said...

I love your new chair! And your Quaker pillow looks so nice on the old one I'd keep it just to have a place for the pillow.

Too funny about the pumpkin, I've been looking at those. And the felt pincushion, those are easy to make. I made similar ones for Halloween last year and they only take a hour to make, max.

Margaret said...

I really love your new recliner! It's so pretty! I hope your stitching frame works with it. I also like the chair it replaced, although I can see that it wouldn't be as comfortable. Loooove that Quaker pillow too -- wow! Gorgeous! That mixer thing definitely doesn't sound like it was much fun. Ugh! Love your Halloween Lizzie Kate progress!

Jackie's Stitches said...

We saw the Back Up Plan last night and I think my husband was traumatized by the same scene! He asked if it could really happen that way.

Love the comfy chair! I can see how it would make me stay in my PJs and watch chick flicks all day. I'm going to see what channel USA is in a minute...

ohiofarmgirl said...

My dd just finished the Lizzie Kate Halloween...it is just so fun! Dianntha

Rowyn said...

I love how you finished off your QFRR. It's beautiful.

That chair looks so comfy, no wonder you need motivation to get out of it :-)

Carol R said...

I think I need a chair like yours - it would prop up my bad back!

Deb made a beautiful job of your QFRR piece!

Cute little pinpillows too

Anonymous said...

Love your new chair, it looks very comfy! Your RR looks great as a pillow, really pretty and that pumpkin is very cute :)

Danielle said...

Gorgeous new recliner!!!! And I love the old chair too, so I think you should definitely keep it. That pumpkin pincushion is too cute. I love Etsy. People are so talented and they have the coolest things on there. The stitching on Monster looks great. You'll have this one done in no time.

Katrina said...

Love the new stitching chair! Glad it so comfy. And cute, cute pin cushions and pillow.

Lizzie Kate is really coming along.

Melissa said...

Valerie, it's great to get a chair that you like and feel comfy in. I thought I had such a chair for stitching, but nope. Maybe ...one day.

The Quaker RR pillow is very pretty. I like your pincushions too. I have to be careful of the 'beaucoup' clicking as well! ;-)

Natalia said...

Valerie, I love your chair !! It looks perfect to cuddle up in it and stitch away :-). I also love how your pillow is finished, and your little pumpkin pin cushion.... Finish the angels soon so I can have a look at them :-). Thanks for stopping by my blog, I look forward to meeting you at SB retreat.

Unknown said...

I really like your new recliner. I know that I appreciate mine more and more.

I am working on the Boo series as well, but I am just to Pumpkin. I have some stitching to do for a retreat in October, so I am not sure my series will be finished for this Halloween. I am also making mine as one piece.

I, too, love that Quaker pillow - my fav colors!

Sally said...

Love your new chair. Your QFRR pillow looks perfect on it.

Lovely stitching.The L*K Halloween piece looks such a fun design.

mainely stitching said...

I love everything, but your new recliner and pumpkin pincushion sort of steal the show. ;)

Theresa said...

That chair looks very comfy~~~~~~~ I can defiantly picture you sitting there stitching~~~ And I love your Quaker pillow!!!!

Julie said...

Your new recliner looks sooooo comfy

Love the cushion on the bedroom chair

The L*K halloween looks a lovely project to be stitching

Blu said...

Wow, that chair does look comfy!
Your Quaker pillow is gorgeous!

Carol said...

Your Quaker pillow is so pretty, Valerie--it looks perfect sitting on your old stitching chair! And your new chair--wow! I love it--love the soft, creamy color, the size, shape, everything :)

Cute little pumpkin--so glad you bought it. We all deserve to treat ourselves now and then...