Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Quotes...

I've been thinking about a couple of things lately. The most popular question I get asked during "get to know you" conversations with new potentials is "what's your favorite movie?" Now I am a pretty honest sort of gal and I have to admit that my favorite movie is Dream for an Insomniac. Yea, I know....you've never heard of it. And guys especially have NEVER heard of it since it's a chick flick. And I have to explain the story line and who the actors are, etc.

For me, the main draw is that there are loads of Sinatra and Cake songs...and I am addicted to both. It's 1/2 in black and white and 1/2 in color and Ione Skye cracks me up. She is sarcastic and cynical and she believes that the guy of her dreams is out there and she will not settle for anything less.

"anything less than mad, passionate, extraordinary love, is a complete waste of time".

And you know what...I agree with her. Why settle for anything less? During all my dating frustrations, I remember that. I deserve it, I want it and I need it...and I will not settle for anything mediocre or lackluster just to have a "someone" in my life.


This other thought has popped into my head. Do you believe in "love at first sight"? I don't think I do. I've never fallen in love with anyone at the sight of them. It's been a slow gradual process. As I was watching Sex in the City last night on cable, Carrie asked one of the other girls (I don't watch this show usually so I don't remember) if she believed in love at first sight and she replied, "No, but I do believe in lust at first sight". YES!! I SO believe in lust at first sight. I'm totally in the throes of this at the moment. The minute you see a totally hot guys picture and you fall in lust and imagine the possibilities. It rarely ever works out but it can be fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lust at first sight? -- Definitely. And frequently.
Love at first sight? -- Not so much. Thinking back to the guys I've considered myself to be in love with, I can't say that it was an instant love for any of them.

valerie said...

TM...I am so glad you enjoyed the movie!! I love it, love it, love it! =)

Kelster said...

I believe in love at firstish sight...but then, you know how the frog and I met.

I think I actually fell for him the first time I talked to him on the phone.

I think that "love" at first first sight is a little optomistic. I mean, When the frog and I met face-to-face for the first time, it was about an hour before I could look directly at him. It was mostly this sense of "this guy is too great. he is going to bolt for the door the first time he sees me in the morning/cook/burp/fart/puke/not look like a supermodel" But, i am still trying to get rid of him four years later.

Meeting him was like going into Nordys and trying on a pair of jeans that fit and felt perfect on you. You wouldnt dash to the register and buy them, you will still look at your ass in the mirror and put your shoes on, take them off, walk around, squat, sit to see how your belly roll looks in them, etc. Trying to find ANY flaw. We just seem more comfortable when there is an obvious flaw that we can see.

Good Christ......this is not MY blog. Done typing now.