Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I've started my vacation and so far, it's been a blur of family stuff, Opera at the Ballpark, errands and doctors appointments. Nothing really exciting. Just trying to get things done. Yesterday was the girl junk doctor's appointment. It's always awkward sitting there in those terrible plasticky paper coverings at the doctor's office. They aren't even gowns! But it's probably good that I really like my doctor and she's very down to earth and actually takes the time to chat. We joked about dating and men and the difference between hookups and real relationships and what has happened to the state of relationships in this day and age. I mentioned my age...because of mammography and cancer now running in my family and she asked about my standing on kids. If you've read my blog for a while, you all know where I stand. I've got major episodes of puppy fever...but baby fever...uh no. Not once. Not even a little bit. She wanted to make sure...you know...in case I needed a referral to a sperm bank. Because I am apparently getting old and my time is limited to have kids if I want them. So weird!

Not sure how I really feel about that, especially in light of turning a year older on Saturday! At least she said she wouldn't have guessed I was as old as I am. The good ol' genes are still pulling their weight!

I've been busy stitching on Christmas Rules and am very close to finishing. I did find a mistake today but will make it work since I don't feel like frogging much when it's barely noticeable. I'll show a picture when I finish.

TUSAL
is here. I'm so mixed up on my days that I'm not sure what the exact date is but I've seen people posting so I'm assuming I am late.
It's after 10pm and I should be packing for my road trip but I am sporting a massive headache. I think I just need to wake up early, throw some stuff in a bag and wing it! I can't believe it's time to leave but am looking forward to a little me time.

Lots to catch up on when I get back!

Until next time...

17 comments:

Chris said...

Happy birthday Val!
Have a great weekend, definitely wing it...those are the best times.
Wierd about the sperm bank thing..People are fummy when you get to a certain age and don't have kids.

Siobhán said...

Happy birthday!!

Ugh, the woman visit. H-A-T-E it! I like my doctor but you're right, it's totally awkward sitting around swathed in paper, waiting to get invaded--and not in a nice way. LOL

Have a great weekend!

Sylvia said...

Happy Birthday, Valerie!! Yeah, skip the sperm bank and go to the SPCA instead.... soooo much easier. LOL. Have a great vacation.

Barbi said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm with you...always have had puppy fever, but never have I had baby fever! Don't know if I'll regret that one day, but so far (45) never have!
Love the pumpkin beside the ort jar! Have a great vacation.

Margaret said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great time on your vacation. (I would go for a puppy or cat. Skip the sperm bank. lol!)

CalamityJr said...

Happy birthday! Have a great trip!

Theresa said...

Happy birthday!!! Enjoy your time off~~~

Christina said...

Have a great birthday Valerie! Glad to see your pumpkin out on display again! X

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

I've never been hit the 'baby' thing either. Kids maybe.......baby........no. Never.

Littlebit said...

Happy belated Birthday! I hope you have some wonderful "me" time.

Carol said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Valerie and a great roadtrip... Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back... Pack your camera :)

Mindi said...

LOL, I think I might be a couple of years older than you, and have exactly the same opinion of children, yet luckily I've never had the experience of having a sperm bank suggested to me! In fact, last year, I was told it was probably a good thing I didn't want kids due to some medical issues I had going on.

Sally said...

Happy Birthday Valerie! Enjoy your vacation!

Katrina said...

Happy birthday!!!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation :-).

Anonymous said...

Have a happy birthday! I hope you have a great day.

Joysze said...

Happy Birthday!!!! and have a great vacation!!

Pumpkin said...

Those visits are never fun. I don't know how you can feel dignified, no matter what they give you to wear ;o)

You old? HA! You still have plenty of time to have children, believe me...