So I have nothing to show and all I've done is organize...which is a big yawner to talk about. I'm going to share another carol.
If you haven't seen it, you should check out Nicole's finish of Shepherd's Bush Holly and Ivy. She did a terrific job with it! When SB first came out with this, I had to hold myself back. Considering my insurmountable stash, I'm glad I did but every time I see this design, I start to hum.
Holly and the Ivy was one of my choir songs in high school...every...year. I always thought that this was a strange carol to be singing cuz you know, it isn't jingle bells. As a First Soprano (back then, def. not now) it was a more difficult song to sing since it hits some pretty high notes in the choral range. Here's a more contemporary version showcasing Bambi. Don't watch it if Bambi imagery makes you sad. The tone of this version was nicer than the choral or amateur videos out there.
- The holly and the ivy, when they are both full grown,
- Of all the trees that are in the wood, the holly bears the crown.
- Oh, the rising of the sun and the running of the deer,
- The playing of the merry organ, sweet singing in the choir.
- The holly bears a blossom as white as lily flower,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to be our sweet saviour
- The holly bears a berry as red as any blood,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ to do poor sinners good.
- The holly bears a prickle as sharp as any thorn,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ on Christmas Day in the morn.
- The holly bears a bark as bitter as any gall,
- And Mary bore sweet Jesus Christ for to redeem us all.