Monday, March 31, 2008

Wonderful Mail Surprise!

Today I came home from a very hectic day at work to find a wonderful surprise in my mailbox. At first, I was trying to remember what I had ordered until I saw the return address and realized what it was. It was my pinkeep exchange from Carol S.! I absolutely love everything! Thank you so much Carol! She stitched Remember Me from Praiseworthy Stitches and I absolutely love that flower. Very cheerful and very appropriate for Spring. She did a great job picking out something I like not to mention extra goodies! She included a lovely piece of light blue linen, a fat quarter of red gingham fabric, a couple skeins of red floss (she picked up on me liking red...as you can tell by the pillow in the background of my picture), needles and some yummy lotion.
Carol is a wonderful stitcher and finisher. I hope to be as good as her one day. I kept examining how she finished the pinkeep so that I could get ideas for constructing the one I need to make for my exchange partner. Here is a close up of the front of the pinkeep. I love the colors in this piece!
And here is a snap of the back. More red fabby! I love red and I will find a special spot in my bookcase to display it!

It was a wonderful mail day indeed! Since I am already on the topic of pinkeeps and exchanges, I spent most of the evening trying to construct my pinkeep. I am 90% done. It seems to take me forever to do these things but this is only my first pinkeep so I am being very slow and careful to not screw things up. Not to mention I forgot there was sewing to do. Why did I think I didn't need to sew for this project?! At least I didn't prick myself this time! The only thing left for me to do is the embellishment. I had ribbon and I didn't really like how it looked and I have trim but it is the wrong color so I will have to shoot to Joann's tomorrow to get the right color trim so I can finish this and send it off to my exchange partner. And I was so hoping to be done and get this off to the post tomorrow. At least I will make it in the post a couple of days before the deadline so that's good.

1 comment:

Carol R said...

A great exchange from Carol - lucky you to get her as your partner.
I am sure you pinkeep will be lovely too and can't wait to see it.