Monday, December 15, 2008

Home Alone

Last Wednesday, I had an entire evening to myself. It was magical. No *boy*, no class, no computer, no nothing. It was me, the tv and my stitching. I had a goal in mind and I would not go to sleep until I finished my stitching. I stitched and I stitched and I stitched until I was done with the task at hand and I felt relieved...and tired! It was 1230am!! On a weeknight! As I scrambled to put away my supplies, turn off the lights and scurry towards my warm bed, I took in the glow of my pretty Christmas tree. As usual, an overflashed photo but I love sitting in the glow of the twinkling Christmas lights at night.
And Fat Santa made his annual appearance. Everytime I look at him, he makes me smile. He is the perfect decoration for my living room. Red, Christmas-y and whimsical. Hi Fat Santa!
And the fact that I am now blogging on Monday about last Wednesday is a sad fact indeed. A true indication of how behind I am in everything! But the good news is that as of today, I am done with my Christmas shopping and card writing! Yay! The cards are in the mail and I will soon immerse myself with gift wrap, ribbons and gift tags. And I am sure that my QFRR friends will be happy to hear that I finally pulled out one of the round robins to stitch on! Yay! But I did not stitch enough to be photo worthy. Perhaps later on in the week? Hope, hope.

In the meantime, be merry and delight!

3 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

congrats on your "me" time! We should all do that now and then!

Carol R said...

Your tree looks really pretty and I love Fat Santa!

Glad to hear you found time for you and to fit in some stitching!

staci said...

Your tree looks beautiful and I love Fat Santa too...he's adorable!