I'm a couple of days late in my Totally Useless SAL reporting as the New Moon was this past Friday but it's hard uploading pictures on my new laptop and *the boy* was close to useless himself this weekend. He wasn't feeling well and so the plans for the weekend were tossed aside but that did mean I got some stitching done! Woo! Of course, it's all stuff I either can't show or you probably wouldn't want to see anyways. I managed to get the stitching part done on my secret giveaway...now it's just time to piece it all together. That will be a project to continue throughout the week and into the weekend. I also worked on frogging more of my bottom border on my Bent Creek Snappers. I've frogged two months worth, seven more months to go. I've decided to only frog one month at a time to not burn out on it.
I was about to start the BBD Freebie that everyone and their mother seems to be stitching. I knew there was no way I could finish it in time for the contest but I thought it would be a nice project to stitch up in honor of my maternal grandmother to give to my mom for Mother's Day. Trim it with lace and frame up myself. Nothing fancy...simple. I had the fabric and threads in mind from my stash...Lakeside Linens Pearled Barley with Belle Soie Sister Scarlett silk. Here is my situation and question to you...I pulled a length of the silk and slid it on the fabric to compare the color variagation throughout the thread and if it would complement the fabric. When I pulled the silk away, it left a red line on the fabric! In a panic, I rubbed and rubbed and the color transfer went away. The leftover dye in this silk is unbelievable! Has anyone else had this problem?! I even rubbed a napkin down the length of the silk and the color transfered to the napkin. I'm very worried about using the silk on the fabric. I decided to soak/rinse the silk in cold water but the dye is still bleeding despite repeated rinses and soaks in cold water. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was disappointed to encounter this problem as I was all excited about curling up and starting this project yesterday but I had to put it on the back burner.
Anyways, the regular programming for this post was Totally Useless SAL reporting. Below is where my little glass jar sits. It's not very full. In fact, it looks downright empty!
Even though I have been stitching more than the last couple of months, I still didn't accumulate very many orts. Below are the meager pickings...psychedelic looking photo isn't it?! The orangy-red bits are from stitching Edgar's QFRR and the springlike colors are from my giveaway stitching and there are some linen threads that escaped the unserged cut of fabric I've been using. I can't wait for the jar to get more filled and colorful!Please note that Stitchy Tuesday may be postponed as I have a doctor's appointment, need to visit the parentals to take care of some paperwork and while I'm at it, may as well "borrow" the washer and dryer for the evening to do like three/four loads of laundry. Since the parentals live close to the doctor, it all seems to make sense even though it's doubtful I'll get much stitching (or frogging) done.
Remember the deadline for my Blogoversary giveaway is May 1st at 5pm PST. All you need to do is comment here and mention my giveaway on your own blog.
Until next time...