Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesdays Are My Stitchy Night

Thanks the wonderful and supportive comments on my last post. *The boy* and I are handling the news well and getting things into gear. I have my moments of feeling blue and that usually makes stitching hard. I can't really stitch if I'm all bummed out. I sleep more and try to wacth tv or read.

Sooo...with that being said, I've only made a little bit of progress on my BC Snappers shown below. I was happy to work with a color other than green for a bit but am back to the green since I had to use it for the stem and am just getting the border out of the way for now. It is also time for the Totally Useless SAL reporting. Seriously...where does the time go?! Here's my progress so far. It always seems like I haven't been doing any stitching when I see a picture of my jar! But you can see the green with a little orange sprinkled on top. Those have been the main colors lately.
And a picture *the boy* took. I told him to play photographer while I was at work so he provided the photos for this post. He liked seeing the fog rolling in. Means no whining on his part about how the apartment is so hot but I love me some fog and will always welcomingly accept it.
*The boy* booked his ticket and leaves next Tuesday night...so it will not be a stitchy night and I will be taking a break from "regular programming". I'm a bit sad, a bit happy, a bit tired and a bit apprehensive about the whole thing but I know that I will be keeping myself busy between work, housesitting and finding the motivation to get back into a healthy portion/good exercise regime while he is gone (and not trying to plump me up like a thanksgiving turkey!). I'll be heading out for a visit at the end of August. Even scored a $99 (each way) fare to Boston. Cheap!! So I am excited about visiting a bit of the world I haven't seen and discovering what stitchy goodness I can discover there. I already know and have been warned I will be eating my way through the tri-state area. May as well lose those 10 pounds now so I can gain them back later! Haha!

Again, thanks for the support and giving me a virtual shoulder to cry on and vent my frustrations. I greatly appreciate it and promise more stitchy progress soon!

Until next time...

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I am sure it will be nice to have a tiny break and some time to yourself. It will be good for the boy to be with his family for a few weeks. Hope you have time to stitch to your heart's content ;-). Glad you got such a good deal on the plane ticket!

Melissa said...

Enjoy your time while the boy is gone! Take some time to do some nice things for yourself. :)

Wow, good thing you posted your TUSAL pic. I totally spaced that it was time for another pic! I guess I know what I'll be doing tonight. LOL

Theresa said...

I think it will be a nice break for you to have more ME time!! And I think it will be good for *the boy* to spend some time with his family as well.
Love your recent stitches!! The color of your pumpkin looks really nice!!!!

Mary Elizabeth said...

Great Stitching as always. The stem is green but it sure is cute!
Wow you are going back east. I want to come. I will carry your bags and stuff....
Well, maybe next time.
Mary
PS when I want to stitch and I am blue I get with some gals and chocolate to stitch. Some stitching happens, but mostly I feel better. (lets stitch together soon I'll come to your side of the bay)
m

CindyMae said...

I am sure that you will enjoy your time to yourself while The Boy is gone but I understand how hard this must all be for you! Your stitching is looking great!