Saturday, July 04, 2009

Vacation - Day Three

The plan for Day three was to eat everything that was bad for you but tasted oh so good. There were a few places in the city that I've been dying to try for some time now. So the eating smorgasbord menu was pizza, ice cream and donuts.

A little after noon, we headed into the city for pizza at Pizzeria Delfina. I dropped *the boy* off and headed to park. At my first turn around the block, *the boy* flags me down to tell me that there are 10 people ahead of us on the list and he wanted to leave. He is the most impatient person ever! Doesn't he know that you have to wait for the good things? I sent him back to the line and found parking. No matter what time of day you get to this little spot, there is always a huge crowd of people waiting for a tabe. The place is tiny!!...and totally worth the wait. We were seated at a wonderful sidewalk table and we people watched and chitchatted until out sand dabs came out. They were yum! Then we had our sausage pizza which was super yum! I found I didn't like the pieces that were a little burnt on the bottom (not all were) and so *the boy* ae those. It was a yummy pizza and we ate every bite! We also ordered the stuffed shells with ricotta, anchovy and broccoli rabe to save for dinner. We were so stuffed with the pizza that we didn't eat those shells until very late! We both enjoyed them except for the broccoli rabe. Definitely have to go back to try more things on their menu. We were both bummed that they day we went, they didn't have squash blossoms so perheps on another day!

Next...ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery just down the block. This place has gotten so many write-ups that I had to go try. *The boy* had cookies and cream with hot fudge. OMG...their fudge is *so* good and for not being the biggest cookies and cream fan, I secretly wish I had ordered that too! I had the salted caramel and toasted coconut. Both really good. Next time...oh yes, there will be a next time...I am getting the almond joy sundae. Toasted coconut ice cream with hot fudge, toasted almonds and whipped cream. Is your mouth watering too?!

And finally...donuts. We were going to buy a couple to save for breakfast the following day since we were pretty stuffed and sleepy at that point. Dynamo Donuts has been talked about all over foodie blogland! We obviously waited too late in the day to score any donuts. The staff wasn't very polite when I walked up and I asked where the donuts were to only be told they had sold out. *sigh*

Probably just as well considering the fried sand dabs, pizza and ice cream. OMG...I can feel the pounds creeping up! haha

*The boy* and I were content and headed home....he took a nap and I intently and determinedly sat down and finished my exchange like a good girl...finally. That's ready to be mailed out now! Whew...so relieved. I just hope my partner likes what I made for her.

And that made for a very full day.

Agenda for Day Four....laundry and fireworks. Yep..I'm loaded with excitement! :)

Until next time...

5 comments:

Natasha said...

OH MY I am going to try that pizza place after your talk of it My DH is a HUGE Pizza lover....
Thanks

Cheryl said...

All that food sounds so good, especially the pizza which is kinda wrong considering its 8am here LOL

Siobhán said...

Pizza, ice cream and donuts... I like your idea of vacations!! YUMMMMM! ;) I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself. Love the exchange from Jayne!

Lien said...

Jealous! I miss Pizzeria Delfina!!!! When you come visit, I think I've found a good substitute...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.