Saturday, August 01, 2009

Spoke Too Soon!

I just need to have a mini-vent. I thought that at this point in the morning, I would have a little happy dance to share with my November block. But as I was putting stitches in my top border, I noticed that the top border had more spaces in between the line and the leaves than in the bottom border. Weird! So I released it from it's makeshift confinement (this fabric is long!) and tried to see what was the matter. And I found it...the blasted mistake...all the way in April! OMG!!

Is it possible to strangle fabric and thread?! Maybe if I throw it on the floor and stomp on it, I might feel better? Freaking snappers!!! Ugh! I know it's my fault...I counted wrong...but I am blaming the freaking snappers. This piece is acting like a petulant teenager.

So you know what this means....two steps forward...one step back. I need to rip out the top border from April to November. I started the frogging last night and then couldn't bear it anymore. I decided to pull out my ABC Lessons because at least that project has been behaving. Maybe I'll stitch a row and then face the reverse stitching on the Snappers.

Blasted frogs!

Well, I am off to do the kabillion loads of laundry that need to be done! Enjoy the day!

11 comments:

Branlaadee said...

The frogs have been running amuck this summer. At least you dont have to tear out everything from Nov to April. :)

Missy Ann said...

I know the feeling! Lock it in the closet for a couple of weeks as punishment.

Melissa said...

Oh darn those frogs, Valerie! They are so annoying. Sorry to hear it. Best to leave it in a dark corner till both of you have settled your quarrels!

Katrina said...

Man that sucks! I hate frogging.

Lisa said...

Oh, Valerie I am so sorry to hear that the Frogs have come to visit you again. It sounds like you do have a good plan - stitch on ABC for a bit and then go back to frog the snappers for a bit, etc. But don't give up for your snappers really do look nice and I know that you will be happy with it when complete!

Daffycat said...

OMG What a plague of frogs. I'm so sorry!

BTW Coni of Spinster Stitcher throws hers on the driveway and drives over it with the car...

Cindy F. said...

Oh that really bites!! So sorry girl! That is a lot of frogging!

Carol R said...

Oh no - don't we just hate those frogs when they come to visit!

Meari said...

Awww... I'm so sorry to hear you have to do all that frogging. (I could just picture you stomping on it... LOL)

Sadie said...

Oh those snappers just bite! Go work on ABC lessons and maybe eat some chocolate and wine can be good too or spirits if you feel really mad!
Hope it starts to behave soon.

Michelle said...

I vote for stomping. I don't know why some projects are just doomed to be problem children.