Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Tuesdays Are My Stitchy Nights

Whew...I didn't think I was going to make it! I feel very frazzled this week so far and my previous post is just a tiny example of all the buzzing going on in my head. I don't know what it is but it might me all the work deadlines and the busier than normal week. But it's good to keep busy, right? I went to exercise class last night and didn't die so that was good and have class again tomorrow. I like this class...the teacher is fun and I feel like I actually worked out. I figure if the 2x a week class works out fine this week, I will try to incorporate a yoga class into the mix next week. I've been curious to try a local yoga studio for weeks. The yoga class I was enrolled in through the rec center just wasn't cutting it for me.

Anyways, I'm blabbering on and you folks want to see stitchy stuff. I have some recent stash acquisitions to show but didn't get my act together enough to take photos before the camera battery died.

But I do have this little bit of progress to show. Little by little, I've been working on my ABC Lessons since my whole border fiasco on the Snappers and I finished the Q,R,S row. This a fun and quick project. I only have three more rows to stitch and it'll be finished.
I am dying for a finish so I think I will continue on with this one until it's done. I'm hoping to get the next row (T, U, V) completed by the end of the weekend. The next couple of days are pretty packed for me so not much stitching will be accomplished by my weekend is fairly free. I can get a lot done if I actually concentrate...and stop surfing the net for even more stash! My hope has been to finish one of my projects before my vacation because I want to start Mary Wigham, need to start my friend's baby announcement and a small gift for my mom's birthday. I better stitch faster!

Thanks for all the positive comments on my Mary Wigham post. The lady at the shop didn't actually tell me I was nuts. It was more "You're stitching on Fawn, but it's so dark! The darkest anyone is going with is Examplar" and it stirred up a lot of doubt in my poor indecisive noggin. But it's growing on me and I realized I forgot to pull all the threads for a proper floss toss. Duh.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the week!

Until next time...

12 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Your stitching looks great. You don't really need to sleep after all. Just stitch.
:)

staci said...

Sounds like you're having a crazy week...hope you get to relax this weekend!

ABC is looking great. And I'm sure your MW will look lovely on whatever fabric you choose...it's all about personalization!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yup I think you should finish that WIP for sure!! Can't wait to see it done!

Ranae said...

Love the ABC WIP.
Didn't die last night at exercise class, lol too funny!

Theresa said...

I'm glad that you survived the exercise class~ LOL

Your ABC is looking great!!!

Melissa said...

Your ABC is looking wonderful! You've made a lot of progress with it. Can't wait to see your next progress picture.

Daffycat said...

ABC looks spectacular, Valerie! You are so close to a finish ~ woo!

Michelle said...

Your piece looks fantastic! Almost done!!!

Katrina said...

Love the Lizzie Kate piece! It's so cute. Hope you have lots of stitching time this weekend.

Personally, I wanted my Mary to be more like the picture and honestly the linen is darker, I think the fawn will be gorgeous :-).

Meari said...

ABC looks great!

Anonymous said...

wow your going to be exahusted with all that exercise lol.. the stitching looks great well done.. i think the abcs are brilliant.. its unusual to find a lot of writing in one block or is that just me..

tammie

Deb said...

Such a darling AlphaSampler! I love the stitch count! Had fun seeing your blog for t he first time.... I'll be back. Hugs, Deb