Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesdays Are My Stitchy Nights

I'm writing this before it being "stitchy night" since it's already 8pm and *the boy* will be making his nightly call at 9pm. Looks like I will not be getting much actual stitching done! But so far, it's been a good day! Before lunch, I managed to find a copy of the Treasures in Needlework magazine that folks have been drooling over (me included) which includes the American Sampler by Sandy Orton from 1993. It was very hard to find! I can't wait for it to arrive!When I came home from lunch, I was greeted with the arrival of the JCS Halloween Issue. Following is the interior page of the ornament patterns included in the issue. I really like the Glory Bee Oct 31 ornie in the upper right corner and the Ladybug Lanes Happy Owl-o-Ween ornie in the middle. Those two are my favorite. Now to find the time to stitch them up!
Thanks again to everyone who offered book recommendations to me last week. I finally finished The Queen's Fool by Phillippa Gregory last night...a little late. After work today, I stopped by the library. I wasn't sure if I was going to check out a Jane Austen book since I felt like some "light and fluffy" reads but the moment I walked in, Pride and Prejudice jumped right out at me...it was an omen and so I took it home with me as well as three others. I'll be spending a lot of time reading the next three weeks especially considering the airport time and flight time, etc. These books will come in handy.And here is where my L*K ABCs stands. I was really hoping to share a happy dance but this neck/shoulder pain has resurfaced and my stitching mojo has kind of taken a tumble. So I am trying the lap stand I've had buried in the closet to see how my progress goes. I'm almost ready to shift the q-snap to the right and stitch "Y" and finish "Z". Ohhh...so close!!Once this is finished, it's time to frog the Snappers border (again!) and make starts in the projects I am taking with me to RI. I think I'll take the BBD Red Sampler, Mirabilia Gwendolyn, Barbara Ana's Spring Biscornu and maybe, just maybe...the Snappers since they aren't too far from being a Happy Dance too. As for Newton, I think I might pull different DMC for his body...it's just not doing it for me right now.

Just a couple of announcements before I peel off.

Melissa of The Daily Mel is having a fantastic Giveaway to celebrate 8 years of blogging and 1000 posts! Can we say wow?! She is giving away a huge and very generous package! Go visit and sign up. The photo and link is in my sidebar. Congratulations Melissa!!

Also, Susan K...I tried to email you the answer to your questions but it bounced back to me 2x. Maybe you can email me back with an alternate address?

And my movie review of the week. I went to see Julie and Julia. One word...fantastic! I really enjoyed it. I can see what people mean about wishing there was more Julia than Julie as Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci are fantastic and the scenes of Paris...stunning. There was even a shot of this quirky bookstore I visited in Paris in 2000...brought so many memories back and made me wish I could go now...when I can appreciate it more and am not suffering from a broken heart like I was back then. But that bookstore was a wonderful escape for me.

Ok, folks...*the boy* just emailed me to tell me he's sleepy and calling early so better peel off for sure. Hope you all have a great week.

Until next time...

6 comments:

Theresa said...

I am planning to see Julie and Julia this Thursday with my friend!!! I heard it's really good so I'm very excited!!!
You really made great progress on your ABC!! So close now!! Question about your lap stand, may I ask what kind you are using and does it work well with Q-snap?
I hope your shoulder pain goes away. Take care and enjoy your evening!

Ranae said...

I wish my JCS Halloween mag would come. I am sick of camping out at the mailbox, lol
The L*K is so close to a Happy Dance.

Lisa said...

I hope the mail man brings me my JCS Halloween Mag this week. Looks like you are doing a lot of reading, that will make your time on the plane and in the airports go by fast. Your L*K ABC is coming, looks like there is Happy Dance celebration around the corner.
Take care!

Missy Ann said...

Thanks for the big pic of the ornie issue! I love that Owlloween. I'm signed up for the Halloween F&S and I think that's going to be my square.

LK is looking great! You're so close. Hope your shoulder feels better soon.

Siobhán said...

Great progress on your L*K! I can't wait to get my Halloween issue. Thanks for the close up!

JOLENE said...

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the Halloween JCS mag. I love the "Halloween" by La D Da. I think I better make that one!!! I have an idea if you would like to stitch the Sail Away pattern. If you are interested shoot me an email and I will fill in the details. Your ABC is coming along great, yeah for you!!