Friday, August 07, 2009

Woo!! It's Friday!

It's about fricking time!

What a week...very busy and non-stop. But it was a good week. I worked out twice and didn't die which is always a good thing and my muscles are still talking to me two days later. Yay...working out does mean less stitching though. That's the sad part.

But I am so happy it's Friday since I have a totally relaxing and self-pampering weekend planned. Lots of tv and videos, lots of stitching, an appointment for a nice facial treatment and possibly a new hairdo; a quick jaunt over to my local street festival; as well as a trip the the LNS and a mellow dinner with a good friend planned. All the makings for a nice weekend. Woo!

Yesterday, I was surprised by these being delivered at work!
A lovely bouquet of 3 dozen mini roses sent to me by *the boy*. How sweet! No special occasion...just because. I gather he misses me...I miss him too. They came in lovely colors of red, apricot, burnt orange and yellow.
See! Pretty! I've put them in a prime spot right next to the tv so I can enjoy them while being a lazy futon potato and watching tv.

So tonight, I plan on catching up on my tv programs...

And reading a little bit of this...
And stitching a little bit more on this...
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend planned! Enjoy and have fun!

Until next time...

Edited: Oh my...almost forgot. Go check out Patti's blog. She just became a grandma and is having a lovely giveaway to celebrate! Go over and wish her congratulations! You have until 9/4 to put your name in for the draw.

10 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Pretty flowers. :)

I'm reading the same book!

CindyMae said...

The flowers are gorgeous, nice to know that he is missing you! LOL I believe that missing each other is a good thing to experience! Stitching looks great!

Missy Ann said...

Beautiful flowers! Have a nice quiet relaxing weekend. :D

Theresa said...

Nice flowers!!!! *The Boy* is definitely missing you!!! ;-)
Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful weekend!! Enjoy!!!

Carol R said...

Pretty flowers!
Enjoy your weekend - sounds like you have everything planned out.

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous roses! It's nice that you are missing each other, after all the stress of the last few months. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa said...

The flowers are beautiful!!!! And what wonderful colors - I bet you might even be able to describe them using DMC #'s...I have caught myself doing things like that. Sounds like you do have a very nice weekend of R & R. Take care!

Melissa said...

Beautiful flowers! Lucky you! I bet that made you feel better! ;-)

Cheryl said...

Aww that's so sweet of the boy! He must be missing you!
Havent read that Philippa Gregory book, read a few of her others though.
Hope your weekend is going well

Cindy F. said...

Wow!! What a beautiful surprise:)

Pretty wip progress and I love your Mary floss choices!! Can't wait to see it started:)