Monday, January 28, 2008

Show and Tell!

I received a lovely email from my HOE scissor fob exchange partner, Michelle, saying she received my package. Yay!! I'm really happy that she liked what I sent. Hard to know what to make for someone you don't even know but I had a fun time stitching up the scissor fob for her plus it was my first one! I think this year will have a lot of firsts for me in terms of my craft-likes. Here is what I sent her as a whole package:

In the package, I sent her the fob, a skein of green varigated DMC floss and two Just Nan angel charts (Hope and Flora) as Michelle said she liked Just Nan AND angels. Those were a perfect pick for her. So glad I came across them at my LNS. I also sent her a cute little notepad that matched the fob and candy. Below are pictures of the front and back of the fob. It was a freebie design from Tantes Zolder which I thought was the cutest! Here is the front:


Tantes Zolder freebie design stitched on 32 ct. antique white belfast with Crescent Colours "Cupid"

And here is the back. I stitched the same border as the front with the year and both my initials and Michelle's.
I'm really glad she liked everything and I had a fun time with the exchange! It was also a good way to learn something new. I know now to try to put a fob together during the day...my poor eyes and fingers...definitely need better light so I don't poke myself with the needle! I also should have stitched the back on a diagonal to match the front but I'm happy with how it turned out considering it was my first time ever. I'm looking forward to the next exchange/challenge!



No comments: