Friday, February 22, 2008

Stitchy Withdrawals!

It's amazing how fast time flies sometimes! How does that happen? When I posted my Fairy Moon entry, I had grand illusions of starting and have a pretty decent start and picture by the middle of next week. It's been a week and a half and I haven't put one single stitch on her! Actually, I haven't had much time to stitch at all and I am going slightly berserk. Last weekend was very busy (but amazingly fun) and the weeknights can at times be pretty crammed between class and errands. I cannot wait until tonight!

This weekend, the original plan was for me to head up to Lake Tahoe with a friend and her mom for a couple of nights. But her mom invited some of her friends and the car and cabin would have ended up too crowded and cramped so those plans are off. I was hoping to have some quality time hanging out with her and stitching in front of the fire...far away from all the things that end up distracting me...dating, tv, phone, apartment cleaning and all those other pesky responsibilities. So I am going to pretend like I am still out of town. I'm going to go home, make a nice dinner for myself and pick up some stitching and stitch to my little heart's desire. It will be nice to tuck in for the night with Santa and have myself a mobster fix. I've got my netflix waiting for me on my coffee table...The Sopranos, Season 3, Disc 2 and Godfather 1. Not to mention The Jungle Book 40th Anniversary Edition my landlord loaned to me and Ratatouille. Oh and I've got enough Project Runway on my Tivo to have a mini-marathon! Lots of tv watching this weekend! Oh, and it's the Oscars on Sunday! I don't think I'll be able to watch everything I even mentioned! But with the exception of a social event in the city tomorrow and a pampering massage on Sunday, I've got the whole weekend to zone into the tv and stitch. Can't wait!

No comments: