Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year, New Goals

On NYE, *the boy* asked me what my new years resolution was. I didn't have an answer for him because I just never have been good at keeping a resolution ever. And usually, it is always the same thing. Lose some weight, take some classes, pay off debt and save some money. Here is a year in review. I posted my goals on the blog last year...here they are.

Personal

~Lose the pesky 10-15 pounds I've been talking about losing for the past two years::Lost 5 pounds only to gain them back at Christmastime
~Be diligent about doing my balance ball core exercises on non-workout days::Ummm, no
~Do three workouts a week (yoga covers two of the workouts when it's in session)::Did 1-2 workouts a week up until mid-October due to shoulder and neck issues
~Clean my apartment! Deep cleaning top to bottom with many donations to Goodwill planned::Pretty clean...now that I have a lovely cleaning lady come help me. I need to do more purging and organizing in my closets.
~Be out of debt in 2008!::Ummm, no
~Put myself *out there* in a non-dating social atmosphere (social/new friends groups)::Ugh, so hard. But I have met some wonderful people through the stitching community and I have now (almost) been dating *the boy* for four months.

Stitching

~Sweet Dreams Stocking - Dimensions (Carryover from 2007)::About 1/3 done
~Fairy Moon - Mirabilia::Not Started
~Thanksgiving Fairy - Mirabilia::Not Started
~Titania, Queen of the Fairies - Mirabilia::Not Started
~Halloween House - Lilybet Designs::Started, hate fabric. Must find new fabric for it
~In the Tall Flowers Sampler - Liberty Street Designs::Not Started
~Retro Kitchen Aprons - Needle Treasures::Not Started
+ at least four stitching exchanges::I have done 5 exchanges, made 7 gifts and am participating in one round robin.

So as you can see...I am not good with resolutions whatsoever. I am not disappointed in myself though. 2008 proved to be a very busy year. I had exercise classes most of the year, took a work-related course in the Spring, house-sat for my parents for four months, dated a lot of frogs, found one good guy who makes me laugh and have stitched a lot...just not as much as I would have liked. I do notice that I did not accomplish any of my *me* stitching but I did stitch a lot for other people. I would like to do some *me* stitching this year to aid in my holiday decorating. However, I will try to be reasonable in my 2009 goals/resolutions. So here they are:

2009 Personal Goals

~Lose 10 pounds and keep them off
~Be out of debt in 2009...for reals this time
~Purchase a new laptop
~Maintain workouts...yoga, stretching and walking
~Learn how to sew...enroll in class(es)

2009 Stitching Goals

~Quaker Friendship Round Robin
~Peppermint Twist SAL
~2009 Christmas Challenge - 12 finished ornaments by the end of the year
~Bent Creek Snappers - July through December
~Trick or Treat Fairy -Mirabilia
~Fairy Moon - Mirabilia
~4 exchanges/gifts
~Keep better track of my finished projects for blogging

I don't know if I will accomplish more or if I will accomplish less this year. In the end, the most important thing is to be happy and healthy. I hope that everyone has a happy and healthy new year too.

2 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

I wish you lots of luck with your goals in 2009!

Ann Marie said...

I'm totally cheering you on esp. for getting out of debt and finishing fairy moon. She's so pretty I can't wait to see her!