Thursday, July 24, 2008

Brillante Weblog Award

I heard from Carol R. a couple of days ago that she nominated me for the Brillante Weblog Award. I am honored. Thanks Carol! I love that this little award is in Spanish too. How fun!

Here are the rules for the award:

1. Put the logo on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Add links to those blogs on yours
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs

Here are my nominees. Most are stitcher blogs...people who have inspired me to be more creative over the last few months by seeing what they create and pushing me to do finishes I've never done before. One is a dear friend new to blogging who I think has caught the blogging bug worse than me! I will not message most as I think most have already been bombarded by similar or the same award but I wanted to acknowledge that I think they are brilliante and that I love checking out their blogs.

1. Carol R.
2. Edgar
3. Carol S.
4. Yuko
5. Staci
6. Natasha
7. Ann Marie

Today, I decided to play hooky from work. I've been feeling very stressed and frazzled and just wanted some quite time to myself. It was also a good excuse to call in sick after all the excitement last night...or shall I say this morning. Around 1am, I heard shouting outsde my building. It's quite late for anyone to be shouting but I live one block away from a bar that can get busy late at night. I figured these folks were drunk and would move on. I was getting ready to go to sleep. I was wired and just can't get to sleep at a decent hour. As I turned off the lights, I looked out the window to make sure the shouters had really moved on. I see a man standing outside my building and a woman lying down on the ground. Weird but I had the feeling she was being a depressive drunk and the man didn't know what to do and was waiting for her to snap out of it. At least he didn't just leave her there. I decided that I would wait 10 minutes to see if they were still there before I either went downstairs or called the police to do a drive-by. A few minutes later...I hear the 911 response. One fire engine, one ambulance and three police cars come rushing to my building. Geez, sirens that late at night are liable to give anyone a fricking heart attack. It took me some time to fall asleep after all that excitement! Today, I relished in staying in on a workday. I watched some Sopranos, took my time getting ready, went and got a relaxing manicure and pedicure and went to my parents to drop off my mom's car and a friend came to get me to drop me off back at home. Tonight, I'll head into the city and try a new restaurant and see Cabaret. It should be a fun night! I wish I could play a hooky day more often. This is nice!!

No comments: