Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peace and Quiet

The evening so far has been very peaceful and quiet. I think since *the boy* and I spent the whole day together, he's quiet and much less chirpy this evening. *The boy* likes to talk and usually, at night, I like to sit quietly making my x's while the tv tells me stories in the background. I've been plugging along on finishing my exchange. I am 75% done. Woot! I feel as slow as molasses when it comes to actual finishing and I am trying my hand at a new finish type for part of this particular exchange.

I am dying to stitch! Backstitching and finishing and such is not my idea of stitching. I am going through major withdrawals but stitching has to wait a little while longer. I have this exchange to finish, a gift to finish and pajama pants to sew. I already know that when Thanksgiving weekend comes around, I will have a serious "stitch-ass" weekend. OMG, I can't wait!

I'm not in a talkative or blogging mood since I'm on a roll with my exchange. I don't think I will finish it tonight but I'll get pretty close. Not to mention the yawning is starting already.

This was the extent of my stitching last night...well this and some knitting that I can't show.
This was my first attempt at tassels. I need these for my exchange and of the five I made only one is a little jacked. I'm pretty happy with them!

Tomorrow, I'll share the details of today. It was a nice day...drive in the city, peruvian lunch, ice cream, walk around and visit with my dad. Amazing how the daylight hours passed so fast. Back to work tomorrow...boo!

Until next time...

ETA: 11pm...completely done with my exchange Woot! I love it so much...I want to keep it!! My exchange partner is lucky I stitched her initials on it. This will definitely be a stitch-over so I can make one for myself. Next...knitting tomorrow. Sewing on pajama pants Friday through the weekend until I get them completed.

10 comments:

Sadie said...

Awesome tassels! Can't wait to see what they were attatched to.

Blu said...

Nice tassels. Can't wait to see what you made.

staci said...

Backstitching and finishing isn't my idea of stitching either ;) Congrats on finishing your exchange...looking forward to seeing those lovely tassels on it!

Margaret said...

Wow, what a lot you need to get done before you can just stitch stitch! I know how you feel about stitching versus backstitching/finishing. Not the same thing at all. Sounds like you had a nice day though!

Branlaadee said...

Your tassels look great! I need to try making them sometime. I cant wait to see your exchange piece.

I have become addicted to finishing. It's the best part of stitching now days....I know, I am weird.

Lisa said...

I love your tassels. I like everyone else, cannot wait for you to unveil what they will be attached to. So, if you are going to be in your pjs from Friday until Sunday stitching away, I assume that you will not be celebrating Friday the 13th at NiaH? Got their e-newsletter and I am having a hard time passing up a 13% off sale...
Take care and looking forward to your next blog entry.

CindyMae said...

Your Tassels looks wonderful! Stitch-Ass weekend, I love that!!

Daffycat said...

Oh wow, Valerie! Those tassels are perfect!

Congratulations on finishing the exchange project. I can't wait 'til you can post pictures!

Katrina said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see what you finished :-).

Laural said...

Now you need to get that thing in the mail so we can see it soon!! The tassels are lovely too.