Monday, August 08, 2005

It's Official!

So I had a phenomenal weekend with K! He surprised me with a dozen long stemmed roses, we had a nice dinner on Friday night, we baked in the sun for a while at the ball game, drove to the town he lives in and just veged, slept and took a nice long scenic ride back to San Francisco. It wasn't jam packed with things to do but it was comfortable and nice. We had a conversation once he took me back home about profiles being up and exclusivity, etc. And the decision was made. He was going to take down his profile. Mine was already down because my subscription ran out and I didn't want to deal with any more guys contacting, especially if I couldn't contact them anyways. K asked what I wanted out of the relationship right now and I told him that I wanted to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Ha! Doesn't that sound so high school?! So K is my boyfriend and I couldn't be happier. Finally, after years of being a chronic dater and commitment-phobe, I've come across someone I want to be with. Someone who doesn't trigger the "get out and run" default mechanism programmed in my head. You know, the one that has me running around like a chicken with her head cut off screaming about how some guy keeps calling and wants to spend so much time with her, etc. Yea, I have heard the "Valerie, you are making too much of a deal out of nothing. He's interested in you...relax." Yea, I've heard that a lot. And despite me being a commitment-phobe and K being commitment-minded, I find that the "get out and run" reflex isn't being triggered...and that's a good feeling. It seems like I am finally growing up! Who woulda thunk it!

1 comment:

Kelster said...

lol. wow. the man goes from "guy #2" to K and "boyfriend" in one post.

V and K...sittin in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

ETC.