Friday, April 13, 2007

Disappearing Acts

Everybody's doing a disappearing act.

I am...

My friends are...

The older we get, the busier we've all become.

I'd like to think that I try to be a good friend. I know I'm hard to get a hold of...especially now. I'm busy at work and don't really use the computer at night anymore. I hate the phone and have less time to email. But it's not as though people give me a hard time about dropping off either. But I have gotten annoyed.

A friend of mine called me after 3 years of not talking and acted like we just talked yesterday. If he hasn't been a part of my life for three years and I've been fine with it, why would I take him back? I told him that much which resulted into a little match of *you this and me that*. I don't need that crap in my life. I need it as drama-free as possible hence that friendship is not going to blossom again. I don't like headgames from guys I date, let alone people I call friends and let into my life.

I haven't spoken to another friend since October. I've emailed. I've called. Repeatedly! I'm sick of it. Frankly, I'm left to think I was used for a free place to stay for a west coast visit. I'm a little sad...I thought she was a great friend and someone I could confide all my neurotic dating/sex stories with. Who understood me and was a lot of fun to talk to. But apparently the new boyfriend takes precedance over any friends and I misunderstood. Actually, I'm a lot sad about that loss.

Another walked back into my life after four years. Considering the embarrassing pretense under which I met him again, I couldn't very well make a fit but I'm glad he's back and we're making a real effort at sticking with being in each other's lives right now. He's a good guy.

The friend I've known for over 20 years is in the midst of a separation/divorce and she's out shagging miscellaneous men and I don't feel like I really know her anymore. It's strange but I get that this is her selfish phase. Her *go out and live life*. But does she really have to cast aside the people she's known for practically forever?

It's only April. So far....lots of disappearing. There was a little reappearing but for the most part...people are dropping off like flies and it makes me a little sad.

Me...I'm back. I may not be back very often but I'm here and I'll blog little by little.

No comments: