Monday, May 05, 2008

A Balanced Diet...

While I was in Pismo Beach, I gave AM her very belated birthday present. Her birthday was in March but with the distance between us and me being so busy, I didn't have time to complete her present until I had the quickly approaching deadline which was our weekend getaway. Since AM hears me drone on and on about patterns and fabric and floss and colors and what my nightly or weekly progress has been on what project...I decided to make her something so she could have of her own. AM isn't a crafter at all so it's very nice of her to listen to me drone on and on about stuff she has no idea about! (Hi AM!) A lot of what AM and I talk about on a daily basis is food and how the yummy food (or booze) betrays us and how we can still eat the yummy food, how the food influences our weight and not having or wanting to exercise to counter the effects of the yummy, but albiet not good for you, food. Geez, why can't cake be a health food?!?! So I decided to make her A Balanced Diet by Lizzie*Kate. AM likes cookies...me, I like cake more...if you haven't figured that out already! I decided to finish it as a flatfold so that she could put it in her office as a decoration. Lucky her! I still work in a cubicle! It's my first ever flatfold and I'm very happy with it. I realize I could have been a bit better cutting the matboard exactly the same but I think I need a heavy duty matcutter as my wimpy one is not very good but given it's my first one...I really liked it! Here is the front...

And here is the side...I used some pretty blue trim that matched the backing fabric.

And here is the backing fabric...I picked a pretty blue paisley fabric to go with the deep blue floss used in the upper half of the saying in the project. Plus, I wanted something fun and trendy which would catch the eye of visitors and not make it appear as some hokey handmade something or other that AM's granny friend made for her.
AM said she really liked the present plus the extra goodies I included for her (cookies, champagne and Sephora gift card) so I was very happy. Yay!

3 comments:

Edgar said...

That is a great ff!! I really like the backing fabric!

Carol R said...

What a beautiful flatfold - I am sure your friend loved it! Sounds like you had a great trip but not so much fun when you got back?

Yuko said...

This flatfold is so lovely!
I love L*K's words very much.
Your backing fabric is so gorgeous and colours match so well all together!