Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New Toy for Me!

I finally hopped on the bandwagon and got this new toy. Do you see it? It's an 8G iPod Nano! I've always been the last one to jump on any gadget bandwagon. Digital cameras, mp3 players, Tivo, etc. Recently, the IT Department at my job is cracking down on broadband streaming so I wasn't going to be able to listen to internet radio at work. Oh my gosh! It may as well be the end of the world! I need music in order to get through my workday. Music is like a white noise to me at work...it drowns out any pesky little sounds coming from other areas of the office and I play what I like which is typically big band, jazz, 60s brit-pop, 80's and anything else that is NOT Top 40, rap, new country, R&B and most electronica. Yes, I am 32 and listen to music most people identify with older folks. I need that music to survive my 9 hour workday in front of a computer! When the music restriction came down, I knew I needed an iPod since I could them plug it in through the computer speakers and listen to my music all day and you know what?! It's the best thing I've done in a long time! I absolutely love this little music gadget. I still need to learn how to use it properly but it responds to my non-techy commands.
Here is the nano (not sure what that reflection is) posed with my red Fantasia Centaurette. She is so vain! She is always looking at herself in that mirror!

1 comment:

Carol R said...

Welcome to the start of Apple fever - I feel a Mac laptop coming next LOL!!