Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Just a Quick Question...

Just a quick question to put out to the stitchy bloggers of blogland...

A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from my LNS (not NiaH), telling me that the Royal School of Needlework was coming to the town I live in to teach day classes of different needlework forms. Woo!! The UK is coming to me! Awesome! What the hell is the Royal School of Needlework?! Ummm, yea! First off, knowing there is a school of needlework out there is fantastic. I wish I knew that when I was younger. Screw business school...I'd have gone to the Royal School of Needlework! I don't think my parents would have liked that very much but I am all about taking classes in areas that hold my interest and for now, that is needlework and yoga. So my question is "has anyone out there ever taken a class from the Royal School of Needlework and what did you think of it?" The ones that hold my interest are Introduction to Embroidery and Jacobean Crewel. I've been interested in learning both embroidery and crewel for some time and that seems the route to go to if I decide to sign up for a class. Due to the cost, I can really only decide to do one. But which one if I decide to?! Ugh, decisions! Just wondering if anyone has any experiences or comments about RSN to share. :)

Until next time....

5 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Hi Ya! Yep I have taken a class from a Royal School of needle work teacher! Mr. Owen Davies. He wrote the book on stitching embroidered Knot Gardens. I loved his class and he will be back soon. Also, a teacher from R.S. of N. is Lucy Barter. I over heard (at work NiaH) her teach a class on Gold work. She is FAB! I would take any class I could from either of them or any accredited teacher from The Royal School of Needlework.

Natasha said...

I have not heard of them..I love the thought of taking classes but I always feel intimidated teading your previous post made me think of my fears while attending a class....

I might still be interested in that lap stand I will get back to you after the weekend if thats okay
Natasha

Margaret said...

Hi Valerie, a graduate of the Royal School of Needlework is a member of our Embroiderers Guild here in Auckland New Zealand and if she is any recommendation I'd say GO FOR IT. She is amazing and has so many useful tips and aids. You won't regret the investment.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of it, but boy am I jealous! I'd love to attend!

Theresa said...

I haven't heard of them but stitching classes should be a lot of fun!!!