Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesdays Are My Stitchy Nights

I am procrastinating big time! I always do when I have finishing deadlines. Love stitching...mental block with finishing. I'll get over it. I should be working on my exchange but figured I would be better off working on that during the light of day. I'll be a day or two late getting it in the mail but I think my partner will forgive me! =)

I've been using my procrastinating time working on Carol's QFRR but am too lazy to take it off the qsnaps for a picture. I only have 1.25 motifs to do and will bust through that tomorrow. Woo! Will show it off once it's done and ready to be mailed to Wendy.

I promised to show off my stash. I put in an order with Sew and So in the UK because I decided to do Newton's Little Uns Sampler as the birth announcement for my friend Claire. Newton is a UK-based product and I figured Claire would love the little bear in the tub with the ducky and bath bubbles stuck on his nose. It seemed very "Claire". I will most likely switch out the aida for some linen at my upcoming LNS-shopping spree. Since I had to order from the UK already, I decided to splurge and buy that Elbesee embroidery hoop/seat frame that I mentioned after my RSN Intro to Embroidery Class. I *have* to finish the class project and it would be much easier to complete that and other future projects with this handy little device. Service from Sew and So was amazing! I ordered on a Friday evening and received the package by the following Wednesday! Fast! In the picture below is the Heart in Hand Little Angel in the Clouds chart. This was the chart I won from KarenV's recent chart giveaway. I was so excited to win it as I've seen it stitched up but haven't come across it in shops or online. It is *so* cute! Thanks Karen!
Oh yes, and there is even more stash. I put in an order with Drema because I saw that she had a chart that I was coveting and that led to more buying, or course. I have seen everyone stitching up BBD Beneath the Sunlit Sky and the more I saw it, the more I had to have it! Drema had it so that's what started this order. I also bought BBD Autumn Song, Cricket Collection Rest and Be Thankful and all the overdyed threads for Mary Wigham per The Daily Mel. I'm not sure I will completely stick to the conversion but it's a good start. Fabric for Mary wont be purchased til the aforementioned LNS-shopping spree.Well, I am off to finish that QFRR...that way I have no other excuse to keep procrastinating on my exchange finishing!! Vacation has officially started...loads and loads of stitching on the agenda. I am so excited. Hopefully I do a little road trip too but we'll see.

Until next time...

5 comments:

Missy Ann said...

That Newton chart is so cute. Drema just sent me an order too. lol

I really like Mary Wigham but I can't start it. Every time I turn around there is another wip out there that screams "I'm the one". I just can't decide on colors.

Theresa said...

Ooh!!!!! Love the stash!!!! That lapstand looks really nice!!! Those blackbirds charts are just goegeous!!! I have my eyes on those, too~~
So many projects I wanted to work on, so little time.... sign....

Carol R said...

Great stash haul Valerie! Let me know how you get on with your lapstand.
Enjoy your stitchy holiday!

Lisa said...

I love the rationalization behind purchasing the hoop/seat ("...since I had to order from the UK already...") ;) I love all your stash, lots of fun things!
Well, I have printed off the Mary Wigham charts and have put them in plastic sleeves...still on the fence.
I don't know what it is with finishing. I am like that too, as I am just about ready to put the finishing stitches into my L*K exchange that is due Aug. 1, but because I still have time, I guess I feel like I can do other things. Mmmm, is there a name for this? I guess procrastination!

Nina said...

What a lovely new stash!! BBDs are my favs ;)