Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tease

As promised, I've returned with show and tell but am being a tease and only showing one of the two pieces I got framed by Jill. I probably should have mentioned that these are not extravaganzas like the Letter G I got framed. In fact, after I received Letter G, I emailed Jill gushing over her talent and then asked if she could do "simple". She said she could and to send whatever I wanted framed to her. So I did! I decided to send on my Bent Creek Snapper Year and Plum Street Samplers Christmas Tea.

Here's Christmas Tea:
I liked how the model looked so much on the pattern that I wanted to frame it exactly as pictured. That was harder than I thought though because Jill didn't have any moulding that matched the one in the photo and I couldn't find it online anywhere.

Then out of the blue, I received an email from Sharon Crescent about some old duplicate magazines I was unloading that I posted on a message board and lo and behold...we traded! Yay! I was so happy! Off went the frame to Jill and ta-da! I'm quite pleased with it and I haven't even seen it in person! The package came Monday but since the housecleaner was coming today, I didn't want to make a mess or have things in her way of cleaning. Yea, I know...I'm weird.

This was stitched with the recommended fibers but I changed the color of fabric to Lakeside Linens Tundra because I liked the silvery-blue effect.

I'll come back with Snapper Year. *The boy* is playing photographer and this piece is very hard to capture due to it's size. So...I'll be back! :)

21 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful! That's so great that you managed to get the frame from Sharon Crescent -- I love that frame!! Can't wait to see more. :D

Tammy said...

Valerie, your Tea sampler is beautiful! Can't wait to see the other one too!

Theresa said...

Oh~~~ This is beautiful!!! For a second there I thought you have posted the model photo!!!!! Can't wait to see what you have next!!!

Natasha said...

Valerie, it looks great she did a wonderful job on the framing. I am thinking about having her frame one special piece for me at the end of the summer...I want one NICE framed piece made my me to hang in my home.
Take Care

Cole said...

This is beautiful! Sometimes "simple" is perfect, it looks great!

Andrea said...

Wow, I love it, it's gorgeous! The fabric you chose is perfect for the thread colors!
I have this as a WIP, need to finish it someday soon, seeing yours framed and all is very inspiring :-)
"The Boy" has great camera skills!
xoxo

Sadie said...

Oh how lovely! I have this pattern, makes me want to stitch it after seeing yours :-)
Looking forward to pics of your Bent Creek piece x

Julie said...

Super finish, what a wonderful frame

Carol said...

I love the simple beauty of this one, Valerie, and the frame is perfect with it!

Lisa said...

Your tea sampler turned out beautiful. I love the frame it is in. Just like the rest of the comments...I can't wait to see more :)

Hazel said...

What a fab design. I love the frame. Great work. Might just have to add this one to my wishlist. x

Melissa said...

What a happy outcome! The frame is lovely and I like the linen you chose for this piece too. I have it on my to-stitch list but worried that the recommended linen was so dark, so I think I will try for something lighter.

staci said...

It's lovely! That frame is perfect!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous! I love it. I am planning on asking her to go simple on my Paradise Lost too. She's awesome isn't she?

Daffycat said...

Valerie, this looks fantastic! Can't wait to see more, you big tease!

Deb said...

Just love the finish! That's great that you could get the frame from Sharon. I have heard so many wonderful things about Jill's framing. I'm going to have to try her sometime!!

Suburban Stitcher said...

beautiful! I love simple, too!

Carol R said...

Beautiful Tea Sampler Valerie!

Missy Ann said...

It's darling!

Siobhán said...

Wow!! That is SO flippin' pretty! You must be thrilled with it. I love that frame moulding. Christmas Tea is on my list of things to stitch... let us know where you decide to hang it.

Irene said...

Lovely finish, great that you got the frame.