Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Last TUSAL of 2011

Hello my lovelies...I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Thanks so much for the comments on my last post. I was happy to survive another holiday but I tell you, next year I think I need to save myself the hassle and drama and just plan a trip somewhere. It always ends up that when I show up, I have to save dinner from overcooking, set the table, heat up all the food, serve everyone, clear the table, serve everyone dessert, clear that and then be told I need to lose 25 pounds and be attacked by a 3 pound chihuahua. Just call me Cinderella! Next year, maybe I can be in Fiji instead. Somewhere warm where some cute guy brings me tropical drinks! Pina Colada anyone?

In the last couple of days, I caught up with a dear friend, saw Young Adult, had pho on a cold, bitter day, bought Christmas cards at 50% off, hiked to Chinatown for delicious dim sum, egg tarts and fresh fortune cookies. Continued up into North Beach for a cup of strong coffee and further into Fisherman's Wharf to say hi to Laughing Sal. Then I walked back to Union Square to see if I could find a casual warm jacket on sale with no luck and I started my journey back home. It was a long, fun day but let me tell you, my feet ache from all that walking! But I guess that was all in lieu of a gym workout on the elliptical. I am trying to enjoy my vacation to the fullest. I know that as the week progresses, it will get quieter and I will be able to focus on stitching and goals for the new year.

I have been putting some time in on my stocking and I am happy with my progress. I will show a photo in my next post. This post is about TUSAL...the last one of 2011! I've already emptied my jar since this photo was taken and am starting all over for 2012. I will use this years orts for stuffing something. They are good orts...not like last years...so they'll help plump up an ornie or something or other. I did pretty good progress but didn't quite reach the top of my jar. I didn't have as many finishes this year as I hoped and I suspect I'll have less next year. All this socializing takes up a lot of time and I hope to focus on 2 big BAPs next year.
You all can join in on the TUSAL fun. Just sign up on Daffycat's blog!

Until next time...

11 comments:

Natasha said...

Those Damn little dogs are crazy lol!!!! Glad you are enjoying your time off, so, how was young adult? I will for sure let you know.what movie the "man" dose'nt want to see... We gotta get you ready for the Oscars ;)

Hazel said...

Sounds like your vacation is going well. Why are daffycats new moon dates different to measis WIPocalypse? Are they in different time zones? I get very confused!

Siobhán said...

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your vacation! I've only recently heard of people using their orts as stuffing. I can't wait to see what design you use yours for!

Happy New Year!

Chris said...

Sorry to hear that Christmas was such a frustrating event. Your day out sounds like it was great. I saw Young Adult too. I love Diablo Cody, she is so funny.
I hope this week is a good one for you :)

Margaret said...

Sounds like you've been having fun! I'd love to go on an outing in SF sometime. Dim sum -- yuuuum! I haven't taken my ORTs out of the jar yet. I always wait till the year turns and then do it. Happy New Year to you!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Sorry to hear that the family thing holds no joy for ou and I do know it's all about the people and when you're surrounded by negativity it's hard to walk away happy.

Your wander about town sunds just lovely.

I haven't emptied my Orr mat yet that's a New Year's day tradition for me.

staci said...

So glad you survived Christmas...it was kind of that way here too ;)

Sounds like you had a lovely out-and-about day though (sans jacket find.)

Happy New Year Valerie!!!

Daffycat said...

Sometimes I agree with you...let's run off and be pampered instead of playing Cinderella!

This little snowman introducing your ORT jar is adorable! Awesome ORTs collected this year!

Ummm, what is a "bad" ORT if all of this years ORTs were "good" ones?

Catherine said...

Aahhh.....families.....you can't pick them, but you can take a break from them!
Here's to a happy New Year and much stitchiness in 2012!

Anne said...

I like the sound of a vacation in Fuji with cute boys serving drinks right about now!! Beats this horrific rain we are having! Ok. Seriously. Who tells you to loose weight? Do they have no manners? Sigh. Love the sound of pho on a cold day with dim sum...yummmm!!!! Great tusal photo! And a big ah ha moment for me: what to do with those ort threads...fill up an ornie!! Brilliant idea Valerie!!

Rachel S-H said...

I think you need to sign up for a Christmas cruise next year. Lots of cute men to bring drinks!