Thursday, March 15, 2012

Fairy Moon - Week 2 and a Finish!

Hi all...hope you are having a wonderful week. I can't believe it's half over already. It's been busy in my little corner of fogland...which should be renamed super rainy and windy land. Wow has it been pouring buckets the last couple of days.

My sister and her family have been visiting and it's been nice to spend some time with them. I haven't really been able to stitch on Fairy Moon this past week since I haven't been home very much.

On Saturday, a friend invited me to her house since she was hosting an all day stitching get together. I was thrilled to be invited and it was fun to hang out and stitch with other fun ladies. I managed a small finish that night and finally completed Shepherds Bush Merry Be.



A heads up to those who prefer 2 threads over 2 on 30 count...you will run out of two colors...Ruby and Olive Grove. I was lucky to have Ruby in my stash and a kind lady answered my plea on a message board for enough Olive Grove to complete 75 stitches and some backstitching. I just love it when stitchers come to the rescue so a finish can be had! Now to finish-finish it.

Since I still had time to spare, I pulled out my Faith-Hope-Peace ornament that I started in February 2011. I can't believe I forgot about it! At least I am getting closer to finishing it!


Thank you Liz for hosting such a fun, fun time!

And here is my Week 2 progress photo for Fairy Moon. It's a slightly bigger purple blob to signify the shawl. Since this photo was taken, I managed to finish the purples and have now moved onto the wing which is various shades of light/silvery blue. I think the wings will take me a while. They seem massive! We won't even discuss the dress yet...


This weekend is IHSW! Woot! Go and sign up! I do have quite the weekend planned so I won't have too much time to stitch although that may be all dependent on this crappy weather. If it's rainy, I may just bail on everything and hibernate. It's no fun taking the bus throughout the city to celebrate St. Patty's Day Irish-style in the rain. I'd love to see more progress made on Fairy Moon or even get to some finishing that's piling up. I haven't forgotten about you Catherine!

Well, better get going, Final night of family visiting but I wanted to post before the week got totally away from me.

Happy (almost) Friday!

Until next time...

28 comments:

Denise said...

Always fun to get together with fellow stitchers for a marathon stitching session! Love everything you did!

Denise said...

Always fun to get together with fellow stitchers for a marathon stitching session! Love everything you did!

Anonymous said...

Your projects are beautiful. Shepherd's Bush projects have always been a favorite of mine.

Anonymous said...

LOL I love those stockings ! (。´ ‿`♡) I'm glad you've have fun spending time with your Sister and friends. It's great when we can. Fairy moon is looking so pretty. And your Faith-Hope-Peace ornament is coming along nicely too.

Meari said...

Oooh, a stitch-in sounds like so much fun! Congrats on your finish. It's adorable. Really cute design!

Sounds like a good visit with the fam.

Hope the weather holds out for the weekend festivities. Happy St Pattys Day!

Barbi said...

I love the finish! hmmm a year to finish one ornament? I've heard worse! LOL Your work on Fairy Moon is beautiful, and that little bird (needle-minder?) is so pretty!

Anne said...

Valerie,

You and I live in almost the exact same horrible weather conditions! Well it makes sense because we are the west coast!! But doesn't it feel great to hermit away when it's horrific out?!! That way I don't feel guilty not being social :D

Congrats on your finish!! It's such a sweet design! I really love the little sheep under the stockings!! Sounds like the sit in was a lot of fun! Beautiful progress on Fairy Moon! That's a cute bird minder!! Glad to hear you had a nice time with your sister and her family.

Hugs from a blustery Vancouver

Daffycat said...

Oh, such sweet stockings! A very nice finish. It's too bad they don't include enough thread. I'm always nervous about kits because of that.

I'm a firm believer in stitcher's karma...take care of others and they will take care of you.

Your WIPs look great. I think your blob has graduated to swirl status now! Beautiful stitching.

kate n said...

Have a great weekend.

Julie said...

Be merry looks superb.
How lovely to have a day with your stitching friends.
I hope the weather improves for you Valerie and you can enjoy the weekend, although I feel that you probably will even if you hermit inside and stitch!
Love and (hugs) x

Margaret said...

Great finish! I love that one! And great progress on your February ornie too. Love the shawl on your BAP! Hope you get some hermiting done this weekend. :D

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the fun finish! All your stitching is lovely. Have a great weekend.

Katrina said...

Oh fun, glad you had a stitching day!!! Cute finish and I love the stitchy pictures :-).

Natasha said...

Ahhhh I love your SB finish! It turned out cute!

Glad you had a fun GTG, which reminds me... we need to GTG ;) I have to work Saturday morning but I made sure to take the night off, it's not right for this Irish girl to work on St Patricks Day :0)

Have a gret weekend whatever you decide!

Deb said...

Get stitching Val! I think that it's always fun to get a group together and stitch. Although the few times I've done it, we seemed to eat and gab more than we stitched!

Sally said...

Congratulations on your Merry Be finish. Love this one.

Your ornament WIP is so pretty.

Lovely progress on Fairy Moon.

Enjoy the hermitting weekend. I'm hoping to make the most of it too:)

Ruth said...

I ency your stitching day and your progress. Everything looks wonderful. Love the SB -- I too feel they look so much better with 2 threads.

Don't bail on St. Pat's..... stitch while wearing your very best green. :)

Joysze said...

Awww, happy to hear you're having such a fun time with your sis and her family there, Valerie. :D

Stitching looks great.... loving the Faith ornie.

Carla said...

Congrats on your SB finish and nice progress n your wips!

Jeanne said...

Looks like a great start with Fairy Moon. I have wanted to stitch this pattern for several years and have 2 or 3 photos of other stitcher's Fairy Moon finishes I've saved on my computer. I recently picked up the chart finally on eBay for a great price. Anxious to see how yours proresses! Wondering what fabric you are using?

Catherine said...

Valerie, the stockings are adorable!! And your other projects are coming along nicely. You've certainly kept busy with your family visiting and your stitching friends ~ sounds like fun times. Have a great weekend ~ and please, no worries!! :)

Melissa said...

What a cute finish! You're making awesome progress on Fairy Moon, too. It's going to be rainy down here in SoCal this weekend as well, so I'm definitely planning to hibernate and stitch.

Carol R said...

Great finish of Merry Be and lovely WIPs.
Have a great weekend whatever you chose to do!

Carol said...

So sorry to hear about all the rain and fog, Valerie. I shouldn't even tell you that we're having the most gorgeous, sunniest, warmest weather on record for March here in PA! It should be cold and icy still and yet the trees are budding, birds singing, and flowers blooming--very weird!

I love your SB finish--so glad you were able to get some stitching done with your family in town. Hope this weekend finds improved weather for your St. Patrick's Day fun :) If not, enjoy your hermitting!!

staci said...

Love your SB finish, it's darling! And all your other stitching looks wonderful too. Glad you are having a good visit with your sis :)

Pumpkin said...

Well, you've certainly still found time to fit in some stitching ;o) Love your SB finish! FM is coming along nicely. Just seeing her shawl floating there is pretty enough :o)

Sharon said...

Pretty finish and loving your ornament-really pretty red!

Myra said...

Sounds like you have been having some fun times - good for you! Those stockings are just too cute a lovely finish.