Friday, April 20, 2012

Public Service Announcement

I'm back earlier than expected with some sad news. 

Yesterday, I learned that the gentleman who created and manufactured the Stitchmate floor stand passed away on Wednesday from a brief battle with cancer. I had known he was sick since I had a nice conversation with his wife a couple of months ago inquiring about their old table stand and the scroll rods I needed and had blogged about. I had hoped he was feeling better but it appears his illness was more serious than it appeared. 

I thought that other Stitchmate fans would like to know. Roger changed the life for many stitchers by the invention and workmanship of a floor stand that he individually handcrafted to order. I am thankful that I was able to order my stand last year as I honestly don't know how I would tackle my BAPs otherwise. There is hope that in time, the family will find someone to take on the manufacturing of the stand but at this time, the business is on hold and the website is down.

Thoughts to the family during this sad time. 

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh that's so sad. :( My friend ordered a stitch mate as well. i will have to pass the news on to her. Thanks for letting us know. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Anonymous said...

My prayers too, for the family and his friends.

Barbi said...

Oh! That is sad news. :(

Jannie said...

Thx for posting this. I have had an ergo stand of his and he was so helpful to me in sending me new parts to keep my stand going. This is so sad. Thx Valerie

Julie said...

So sad x

Melanie said...

So sad. My thoughts go out to his family. :(

Veronica said...

Oh no :( This is so sad. Thanks for letting us know. Rest in peace, Roger.

Anonymous said...

Oh thats not good news I hope he didn't suffer I really hate Cancer!!

Marie said...

Cancer...UGH! It touches so many in such an ugly way.
Very sad news. I am familiar with these very nicely constructed stands.

Catherine said...

So sad to red this news. Thanks for sharing.