Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Small New Start

Oof...what a weekend! It was a good weekend. I went to a birthday party for a good friend and had a nice time...saw people I hadn't seen in years. The weather was amazing all weekend! Sunny, bright, warm and clear. I made the trek out to Alameda and really and truly had to resist the temptation to go to NiaH. There wasn't anything I really needed and I already have plenty of stash. I was very proud of my willpower. I went to the framer to drop off my LYM project and I am really hoping I made the right choice for a frame and that my mom likes it. I always get nervous until I see the piece in person and even then, I have to warm up to how it looks. I got the guarantee that it will be done by Mother's Day so that makes me happy. On Saturday, I went into the city with Claire for an insane shopping day downtown. Luckily for my pocketbook, it was more Claire that was going insane with the shopping and I got a couple of good deals on tops good for my versatile range of casual to work to trendy. Those deals make me happy! I squeezed in a visit with the 'rents and did loads upon loads of laundry. That wasn't too fun.

Otherwise, the weekend was quiet. I decided to attempt a start on a new book. I've been very bad with reading lately since all my free time is being eaten up by my class (only three more weeks to go!). I had seen a commercial on Lifetime that they made "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" into a made for tv movie. I never got around to seeing the movie but it reminded me that I had wanted to read the book for a long time now. When I went to the library last week, there it was, sitting on the shelf and I grabbed it. I've only just started but it's pulling me in. This will be a great book for me to have with me on my road trip at the end of the week. I can read in the car. Don't worry...I'm not the one driving!

Since I finished LYM and I am a little disheartened with my freebie design at the moment, I decided to pull out Fairy Moon and do a start. I tried to take a picture but it didn't show up well at all...mainly because I started with a dark dusky purple on a dark blue/navy fabric. But I made a start! Yay!!!

No comments: