Saturday, December 29, 2007

Goals for 2008!

It's that time of year to think about the things that I'd like to accomplish or get to in the new year. So here is my brainstorming:

Personal

~Lose the pesky 10-15 pounds I've been talking about losing for the past two years
~Be diligent about doing my balance ball core exercises on non-workout days
~Do three workouts a week (yoga covers two of the workouts when it's in session)
~Clean my apartment! Deep cleaning top to bottom with many donations to Goodwill planned.
~Be out of debt in 2008!
~Put myself *out there* in a non-dating social atmosphere (social/new friends groups)

Stitching

~Sweet Dreams Stocking - Dimensions (Carryover from 2007)
~Fairy Moon - Mirabilia
~Thanksgiving Fairy - Mirabilia
~Titania, Queen of the Fairies - Mirabilia
~Halloween House - Lilybet Designs
~In the Tall Flowers Sampler - Liberty Street Designs
~Retro Kitchen Aprons - Needle Treasures
+ at least four stitching exchanges

The stitching goals are pretty adventurous for me as I usually only complete about 4 medium size projects a year. Work, family, friends and dating usually keeps me so busy that its rare to find the time to stitch in the evenings/weekends. I usually have to proclaim *dating bans* on myself to find the time to stitch, read, catch up on movies and just plain relax. But since dating has been exponentially frustrating in 2007, I don't really see myself making a huge effort to put myself out there other than to have the occasional date now and again.

There would probably be more projects on my list if I had the charts for them already but I already have the charts, supplies and fabric for the projects listed above. The top four I'd want to finish are Sweet Dreams, Fairy Moon, Halloween House and In the Tall Flowers. We'll see how well I do.

No comments: