Friday, December 07, 2007

Holiday Fairies!

So in the last three months or so, I've been trying to stitch in my free time. I have lots of projects queued up although I have no idea when I'll actually get around to doing them. But I find it relaxing and a little exciting to see a piece of material transform in front of my eyes and know that it's me that's causing the transformation. I recently finished two Miribilia fairies. One is Halloween Fairy stitched up as kited so nothing fancy there....

The second one is Christmas Fairy...obviously...as she's holding a little green christmas tree. This one was a lot of fun to work on. I decided to splurge and I bought a piece of Sugar Maple Opalescent Bewitched fabric which gives it this little shimmer and makes her appear more festive. You cant really tell in this picture though...


It's a lot of fun seeing them displayed in my living room for the holidays!

No comments: